DBG is a full-service organization that is committed to providing our customers with exceptional quality, on-time delivery and cost saving opportunities. Our operations in Conway, Arkansas includes metal stamping, forming, painting, and assembly. The facility utilizes stamping presses, brake presses, roll formers, lasers, shears, and a multi-stage paint process. A concept to finished products company providing parts and sub-assemblies to customers.
We rely on the strength and experience of our Associates to assist in our success. Your input is not only valued, it is required for the benefit of our organization. If this is a company that you would like to be part of come join our team as a Tool and Die Maker!
- Construct and repair dies, drill fixtures, machines, and all other associated parts to maintain or build tooling to accommodate production requirements.
- Assist in training of other tooling Associates.
- Work in a safe manner through the adherence of company safety policies
- Technical expertise for equipment and tooling. With ability to train operators on use of dies and tooling in equipment.
- Constructs or repairs tooling to ensure a smooth and efficient operation. Working with metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinists’ hand tools
- Must have working knowledge of micrometers, dial calipers, tape measures, dial indicators, mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, multiple hand tools, and any other shop equipment deemed necessary.
- Assists Manufacturing and Maintenance in troubleshooting and resolving tooling issues.
- Directs and assists in tooling design and manufacture.
- Advanced blueprint reading skills and understanding of DG&T tolerancing to plan sequence of necessary operations to manufacturing tools.
- Controls machines that smooth flat and contoured surfaces, grinds and fits assemblies together, and into mechanisms.
- Instructs/Mentors trainees within the department on an as needed basis.
- Ability to set up die in press for tryout, repair details and set clearances.
- Recognize and makes changes when tooling improvements are needed, complete repairs and assembly tools to ready to run status. Ability to make die alterations, recommend tooling improvements and run tool projects.
- Work in conjunction with DBG’s quality objectives and understand how poor-quality affects DBG, our customers and the end user of our product.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 6+ years of related verifiable experience.
- Graduation from certified/registered Tool & Die Apprenticeship program, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and skills with all shop equipment (milling, lathe, precision grinding, polishing and fitting) and able to make parts to print. Advanced knowledge of manual machining skills including milling contours, engraving, turning threads, boring pockets; grinding flats, diameters, shoulders, slots, and dressing radii.
- Knowledge of tonnage, die clearance, holding pressure, metal stretch metallurgy and different types of tooling concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of APQP and available to team for consults.
- Possess a complete set of toolmaker tools
- Must have good teamwork skills, meet quality requirements, be flexible, and be able to meet and maintain performance standards.
- Moderate physical effort may be required consisting of lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of heavy material
- Ability to withstand a minimum of 10 hours on a concrete surface
- Lift a maximum of 40 lbs using proper lifting techniques
Apply below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!