Are you a dynamic individual looking to grow your career? If so, DBG Canada Limited would like to hear from you. DBG Canada Limited is a growth-oriented, dynamic and innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of high quality metal stamping and fabrication to the automotive, heavy truck, military and consumer goods industries. At DBG, we would like our Associates to spend their entire career with us.
We rely on the strength and experience of our Associates to assist in our success. Your input is not only valued, it is required for the benefit of our organization. If this is a company that you would like to be part of come join our team as a CNC Operator!
- Programming, set-up and operation of CNC Machinery
- Plan the job; how to set-up, design and create fixture (select appropriate cutting tools and materials
- Maintain and encourage a safe work environment and good housekeeping.
- Study job orders and interpret engineering drawings (both electronic and paper prints).
- Work to close tolerances.
- Verify dimensions of the machined part using precision instruments.
- Diagnose and correct faults with respect to errors and omissions in the program.
- Prioritize operations/jobs
- Keep informed of the status of each project to ensure schedules are maintained.
- Communicate programs/procedures/drawings to set-up operators
- Able to meet project schedules.
- Ensure all work, including material and labour, is accurately reported and job tickets are completed daily with the correct part or job number and accurate times.
- Work in compliance and conform to QMS, EMS and H&S standards, Policies, Objectives, Impact & Aspect and Hazard and Risk
Grade 12 Diploma
5+ years’ of service
Familiar with the setup of the machinery (mills ) with respect to machine movements, tooling, materials and calculating speed and feed rates.
Working knowledge of MasterCam
Familiar with cutting tool steels
Familiar with Charmills wire EDM machines
Familiar with Fanuc Controls
Must be able to work with minimal supervision
CMM experience an asset
Key Creator/NX experience an asset
Capable of reading and working from blueprints and standard drawings.
Excellent judgment skills (should material be stress relieved, correct order of operations, how much to machine i.e. undersized)