DBG is a full-service organization that is committed to providing our Customers with exceptional quality, on time delivery and cost saving opportunities. DBG supplies high quality metal stamping & fabrication to the automotive, heavy truck and appliance industries.
At DBG, we rely on the strength and experience of our Associates for our success. As a result, we ensure that experience and input is properly compensated by providing pay for performance and a comprehensive benefit plan. If this is a company that you would like to be a part of, we currently have an opportunity for highly qualified, motivated, team oriented, safety conscious and quality focused individual at our Mississauga location.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITES:
· Review and Clean up databases for inaccuracies
· Follow the Customer Pricing Update process to ensure most current pricing is reflected in software database to minimize Customer short payments due to pricing problems
· Establish Customer DB update process to ensure proper setup, control and processing of changes/additions/deletions on a timely basis
· Ensure existing customers are set up for GST/HST and other applicable sales taxes
· Cash application of customer remittances in JDE
· Research and resolve payment discrepancies
· Monitor customer account details for past-due, delayed and other payments
· Maintain timely & accurate credit note processing and tracking process (i.e. debit tracker)
· Reconcile debit tracker to general ledger on monthly basis (using V-look up)
· Investigate and reconcile customer accounts
· Timely analyze and resolve customer accounts with credits, discounts, deposits & rebate issues
· Investigate and initiate appropriate action on payment discrepancies/disputes.
· Investigate and reply to inquiries regarding customer accounts
· Prepare and follow up on credit note requests with internal and customer resources
· Summarize weekly A/R aging report and identify outliers and changes
· Generate and analyze customer receivable aging reports
· Prepare/review 12-week collections forecast
· Monitor 12-week forecast to actual collections for anticipated deviations and notify Supervisor & Corporate Controller
· Report past due/potential problem accounts to Controller and other internal stakeholders with action plans for resolution/ mitigation of DBG exposure
· Prepare/review month-end processing and reporting requirements including allowance for doubtful accounts
· Preparing weekly sales reports against budget for management
· Proactively liaise with internal clients (Sales & Marketing, Shipping, IT, Management) to resolve issues, discrepancies and ensure timely collection/follow up on past due accounts
· Accountable for collecting AP and minimizing overdue accounts receivable and oversee collections
· Contact customers regarding past due amounts
· Any other duties as assigned
· College diploma in Accounting or Business or equivalent experience
· Working toward or is in good standing with a credit designation or equivalent experience
· Continuing education courses in credit and collections
· 5 years A/R experience in automotive industry or other high transaction volume industry
· 5 years collection experience
· Working knowledge of basic accounting principles with strong analytical skills
· MS Office applications – Good in Excel
· Exposure to JDE or another major ERP systems a plus
· Sales and excise tax experience
We would like to thank all applicants for applying however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.