Do you have a creative approach to decision-making and project management? Would your peers describe you as detail-oriented & able to develop and achieve project timelines? Then this is the role for you! DBG is looking for a Program Manager with experience within the manufacturing, tooling, or automotive industry.
- Coordinate projects’ kick off upon receipt of purchase, order/authorization and all applicable documentation.
- Adhere to work order system protocol to establish all required documentation.
- Ensure that contract review (QS-9000 4.3 procedure) meetings are held with all applicable production team members in the time frame allotted.
- Project timelines and all other documentation related to timing and receive sign off from production plant sponsors or customers.
- Work with production plant QPE to establish APQP requirements and maintain active role until successful launch of program.
- Oversee all new tooling/equipment designs and ensure that all customer criteria and standards are met.
- Champion all design reviews required. (QS9000 4.4 procedure). Ensure that all meeting minutes and documentation is properly signed off and all counter measures and modifications are followed up.
- Sources of inspection fixtures and other required quality gauges. Follow up on build status and timely delivery as dictated by project timeline.
- Oversee all outsource tooling/equipment with the assistance of technical functional managers. Audit and monitor progress while ensuring all sub-suppliers adhere to DBG specifications (die rider etc.)
- Project progress updates and reports as required by Department Manager or production plant sponsors and customer specific reporting as required.
- Establish project budget with all departments involved. Maintain and update accurately with given systems as required.
- Ensure all PPAP/approval documentation package is complete and delivered to appropriate customer contact on time.
- Project closure with all documentation adhering to ISO/QS 9000/TS16949 procedures along with all required sign off and approved PPAP’s (if applicable)
- Attend Program Management group meetings with accurate updates and status of any key project issues.
Technical Support/Consulting Responsibilities
- Assist sales and estimating on quote reviews and process information.
- Support departments within Central Engineering in regard to project timing and budget information.
- Customer support as required by Account Managers on new or current projects.
- Assist production plants with customer quality requirements and expectations.
- Facilitate any customer visits on behalf of the production plants and as required for the purpose of progress reporting.
- Assist toolroom/plants with procurement of specialty items or services as required.
Post Secondary Education in engineering degree/certificate or equivalent experience
- Tooling and design knowledge and experience in a metal stamping environment, quoting, design and project management.
- Knowledge and experience with continuous improvement planning, concepts, action plans/procedures, use of SPC and JIT methods and procedures.
- Be able to work with budgets and financial planning.
- Previous Program Management experience with automotive launches
- 5+ years project management experience
- GD&T skill preferred
- Experience with Customer/ Supplier interaction experience an asset
- Microsoft Project skill
- Proven Organization Skills
- Able to work effectively with all departments and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, good leadership, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to always deal with Customers and Sub-suppliers professionally
- Good analytical problem solving and data analysis skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite/ 3D CAD skills is an asset
- Must be creative in approach to decision making and project management.
- Must be detail oriented & able to develop and achieve project timelines.
- Travel may be required.
DBG is a full-service organization that is committed to providing our customers with exceptional quality, on-time delivery and cost-saving opportunities. For over 35 years, we have been supplying the Heavy Truck, Automotive, Military, Agriculture and White Goods Industries as a Tier One & Tier Two Provider.
DBG Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please send resume to email@example.com