DBG is a full-service organization that is committed to providing our customers with exceptional quality, on-time delivery and cost saving opportunities. Our company supplies high-quality metal stamping & fabrication to the automotive, heavy truck and appliance industries.
We rely on the strength and experience of our Associates to assist in our success. Your input is not only valued, it is required for the benefit of our organization. If this is a company that you would like to be part of come join our team as a Production Welder!
- Maintain and encourage a safe work environment and good housekeeping at all times.
- Operate manual weld cells and meet standards.
- Must have knowledge of welding techniques and equipment.
- Inspect and clean the welding fixtures for weld spatter buildup and for loose or damaged weld fixture components.
- Ability to perform GMAW general process upkeep. (Tip changes, liner change, gas diffuser change and well wire spool changes).
- Knowledge of using all shop floor tools, air grinders, torques, torque wrenches, etc.
- Maintain customer quality requirements and specifications, while continually improving process
- Correctly load sub-components onto the weld fixtures in a uniform, consistent and timely manner.
- Responsible for producing a quality weld in a production environment with minimal scrap.
- Knowledge of jigs and fixtures an asset.
- Ability to determine a good from a bad weld.
- Report to the Team Leader any malfunctions in equipment or material as soon as possible.
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Work as a Team Member in all situations.
- Participate in making suggestions for continuous improvements of work environment and processes.
- Quality awareness based on DBG’s quality objectives
Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
Post-Secondary Education in Welding Field
- Previous Experience in Production Welding or equivalent education
- Ability to read, write, and relate the meaning of written instructions to practical application
- Knowledge of GMAW process principles of operation.
- Complete knowledge of welding safety.
- Moderate physical effort may be required consisting of lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of heavy material
- Ability to withstand a minimum of 10 hours on a concrete surface
- Lift a maximum of 40 lbs using proper lifting techniques
Apply below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!