DBG is a full-service organization that is committed to providing our customers with exceptional quality, on-time delivery and cost saving opportunities. Our company supplies high-quality metal stamping & fabrication to the automotive, heavy truck and appliance industries.
At our company, we rely on the strength and experience of our associates for our success. As a result, we ensure that experience and input are properly compensated by providing pay for performance and a comprehensive benefit plan. If this is a company that you would like to be a part of, we currently have an opportunity for a highly qualified, motivated, team-oriented, safety-conscious, and quality-focused individual at our Mississauga location.
As a Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the safety, maintenance, repair, replacement and installation of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. Provide guidance and assistance to the Maintenance Team.
- Member of the Plant Leadership Team
- Participate in setting of department objectives
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices set by the company and to metal stamping & fabrication industry. Emphasis on planning / scheduling and preventive & predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventory of spare parts, supplies and equipment. Reviews and authorizes replacement / reorder of supplies
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained / repaired
- Works with maintenance coordinator for tracking work orders, spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Works with maintenance coordinator to prepares reports and analyze data. Uses data to make recommendations to improving plant operations and solving maintenance related problems
- Supervises maintenance department Associates
- Ensures maintenance department Associates are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with maintenance team members on an individual and as a group ensuring good two – way communication on all matters related to maintenance and maintenance department issues.
- Participates with the hire process for maintenance team members
- Ensures maintenance department job profiles/ assessment documents are maintained up to date and provide clear guidelines to expectations and competency levels.
- Conducts performance reviews for maintenance team members to job profile to determine competency, knowledge and contribution to team and operation
- Works with maintenance coordinator to Maintain & update all maintenance operating and training manuals for maintenance department
- Ensures maintenance department team members are trained on most updated version of equipment and system operating procedures.
- Reviews the operations of plant equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solving problems in a timely manger and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates / carries out projects that will improve efficiency and/ or reduce operating costs
- Works with the Maintenance coordinator to track, analyze and improve key maintenance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, preventative maintenance compliance, schedule compliance, etc
- Ensures plant meets city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance department are always met.
- Directs, maintains, and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department. Review records and uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance team members.
- Communicates directly with plant operations and tooling departments to coordinate any maintenance and repair work.
- Communicates directly with Quality department to ensure effective participation by the maintenance team members in implementation and maintenance of Quality policies and procedures
- Implements program and procedures to ensure plant cleanliness and 5S standards
- Implements and maintains all procedures in department to meet Company Management Systems standards (OHSAS, TS, ISO)
- Assists with planning and implementation of plant improvements and expansions
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Hands on use of computers and related software.
Good Project Management, Time Management and problem-solving skills.
Must be able to regularly lift items, climb ladders and work in elevated spaces
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Maintenance Manager: 5 years (preferred)
- Manufacturing or Metal Stamping: 3 years (preferred)